Friday, October 17, 2008

WAITING FOR FLAMINGOS


'Our Keepers, Steve and Joy'
I know I mentioned that it does not seem like winter here. Well now I changed my mind. Yesterday and today have been kind of cold. Cold enough that I actually put on a long sleeved shirt. I could still wear shorts and flip-flops.
The lake behind us is where the Flamingos are supposed to come to. I haven't seen them yet but I know it will be exciting. I've never seen them in the wild.
Yesterday we had a problem with our computer. It would all stay on except the screen. I could hear it running but no picture. This had happened to us once before but it came on by itself. So yesterday after hitting every button we could think of, we gave up and called Dell support. They would not help us since we bought it at Best Buy. David was getting really angry so he called Best Buy. They would not help us over the phone unless we paid for their help. Needless to say David was beside himself and took everyones name and number so he could file a complaint. We then decided to take it to Victoria, 25 miles away. We got to Best Buy and David took it to the Geek Squad desk while I walked around. I came back in about 3 minutes and it was fixed. There is always something to make you feel more stupid than you already do. It seemed our computer was in hibernate mode and all we had to do was hold the button down for 7 seconds. Of course, no one could tell us that on the phone without charging us. That was just something we did not know. Now we know.
The evening was pretty slow so we went to bed early, it was too cold to do anything else. So, the lights went out in Paradise.

No comments: