Sunday, October 12, 2008

IT IS NOT WINTER HERE





Steve and Joys House Part of the Yard and Palms

I know it may be close to winter other places but not here. This morning I got up just to see the sunrise. Every morning it is the same. It starts with a little sliver of orange and soon a full flouresent orange ball is hanging right above the horizon. It floods everything in sight in a warm glow. As soon as it turns its normal color, it starts getting warm. There can be a whole sky cloud cover but it is still warm.

David is out helping to move a deck from the front of the property to the back. They are taking it apart and moving it in 3rds on a tractor. I went out this morning and trimmed the palms, again. Since hurricane Ike, and the storm surge where everything was covered in 2-3 ft. of salt water, the plants were almost dead. So, I continually trim and water in hopes they will come back to life. There's about 25 palms and I think most of them are coming back.

Last night we all took the golf cart down to the marina. It is so nice there. You can get beer, bottled hard drinks and food. After ordering your food you go to the back patio where the sea meets the concrete patio. Alot of people fish off of the patio. We have seen some big ones caught there. Anyway, we had some drinks and some deep fried pickles. Yummy. As soon as I can I'll get a pic of the patio, I'll show it. The sea is beautiful this morning, as usual, with huge boats going in and out of the port. Life is good as we face another day in Paradise.

No comments: