Friday, October 10, 2008

BEAUTIFUL PLACE


This is a picture of the sunset we see every night. This is over the lake that is behind us. We also get to see an incredible sunrise over the gulf every morning. Right at sunrise you can see all the pelicans diving into the water for fish. The shrimp boats come out early in the morning and drag their nets behind them. Cars go by with their fishing poles sticking up. Life here is all about the fish. However, in a place where fishing is everything, I have not seen any fish markets. So where are the fish and shrimp? Our people here(Joy and Steve) have left us alone to run the place for a few days. Nothing much is going to go on. Last week we had a couple here from San Antonio, a man we never see that works in construction somewhere and a grandfather that stays here just to fish. The people from San Antonio left and then we got in a couple from Oregon. So, there is not much going on. Our only job right now is to take care of Steve and Joys little dogs while they are gone. They have 5 dogs. They are really cute little things. Three of them are Yorkies and two are chiwawa's(I spelled it that way because I don't know how to spell it and I'm too lazy to look it up). Well, I guess that is all the news I have for today. If you read this blog, please leave a comment so I can get some feedback.
David and Carol

No comments: