Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Day Looking Inward

I was sitting outside today and realized how fortunate we are to be in this beautiful place doing what we like to do. I think we get so used to looking for the next thing to do instead of savoring this time, this day. I watched a show on TV today, a narration of Into the Wild. It is a true story. David and I had watched it some time ago but it really makes you think about the life we live. In this story there was a young man about to go to college. Instead, he gave his money to charity and headed to Alaska to live in the wild. The freedom and the knowledge in your head that this is the right thing to do is something I guess we all do but on a smaller scale. As you get older there is a fear that you don't have enough saved or that you won't be able physically to do something. I guess that is why you should really do all you want before you have those life responsibilities. I thank God for all He has given me. My children and grandchildren are everything to me and I am proud of each one of them and all of the talents God has given them. I am thankful I still have my Mother and I have David who is a rel blessing to me. I truely am blessed.

No comments: