Tuesday, October 14, 2008

TROPICAL RAIN




THESE LARGE BOATS GO BY EVERYDAY HOUSE FOR SALE ON BEACH $150,000
I got up extra early this morning so I could get an unobstructed view of the sunrise. It was still dark so I hunted around for clothes, made coffee and went outside. I was so disappointed to find out it was so foggy I probably wouldn't be able to get a picture. I walked down to the pier anyway thinking it would clear at any time. I stayed there for quite awhile but no sunrise.
I began the painting on the side of the laundromat/office/lounge. I got my little boom box and played some Bob to get me in the mood. I almost got it done and then the rain clouds came in. I stopped right away so the paint could dry before the rain came. David and Steve dug a trench and put in the power to the little building. We all stopped what we were doing just in time. The rain came in huge gushes for awhile. Now I'm afraid to go look at the painting...hopefully it was dry. It was hotter after it rained than it was before. There are giant, ominous, clouds in the sky but I may be able to go and paint some more.
We are having a little get together at our place tonight. Just some appetizers and drinks. It will be fun. The ocean is a beautiful color today and it looks like another day in Paradise.

No comments: