Wednesday, December 10, 2008

SUNSHINE

This morning I woke up tp actual sunshine. This is the first morning since we have been in Sacramento that we haven't had fog. Of course, that is so typical of Sacramento. When we lived here, there were times when we wouldn't see the sun for 90 days. This time of year makes me think about those days when we lived here. We were so broke all the time that we had to go to the Salvation Army to get Sarah a Christmas gift. We also got a bag of food for our Christmas dinner. One year we gathered sleeping bags, coats and blankets from all of our neighbors and took Sarah downtown to the Greyhound bus station and handed them out to the homeless. I think that is something that Sarah will never forget and it gave her a more compassionate nature. We also went caroling with our church here in the foggy, cold weather. Sacramento is the place David and I met each other. That would be 30 years ago. Geez, I'm old....

Yesterday we perused the mall just to be somewhere warm. Too many people, too much stuff. I'm not sure what we are doing today but I'm sure it will be another exciting day. The good part is that we enjoy being together and I always have plenty to do. I'm making several Christmas gifts this year. Hopefully, I'll be done in time.

My brother, sister and nephew are coming to Sacramento for Christmas. My brother lives in Oregon and my sister in Mo. and nephew in Kansas. My Mom will be happy to see them. My Mom has dementia and we never know if she remembers if we are going to visit or not. Most times she does not remember. So the day they are going to arrive, I'll have to remind her. In alot of ways God has been good to her. I think sometimes it's a blessing to her not to remember everything, she is always happy.

So, I guess that's enough for today. Now I know every reader of this can hardly wait for the next post, being that we have such an exciting life. I'll try to spice it up a bit...maybe I can make up an exciting adventure..who knows.

We hope the sun shines on you today.
David and Carol

No comments: