Thursday, September 25, 2008

Does the Wind Ever Stop?

Most people who know me know that one of the things I cannot stand is the wind. I can take the rain, snow, sunshine and heat more than I can take the wind. Sometimes the wind will blow for a couple of days during a storm but here...it has not stopped since we arrived. Granted, it is beautiful here with a clear view of the Gulf of Mexico and great palm trees. When we first got here I noticed the wind blowing but figured it was because of some tropical pressure somewhere. However, after days of it, and I'm not talking about a little breeze but gale force winds, I asked if it ever stopped. The answer was, "this is nothing, it really gets bad in January".
So, right away some kind of allergies blew up my nose and now the eyes water, nose runs, sneeze and cough. I feel like I need to sleep all the time. But, we are here doing small jobs and of course all of the jobs are outside. So no, the wind never stops.

No comments: