Thursday, July 23, 2009


Going into Idaho


Couer d' Alene Lake

Ending up in Montana


Our RV park in Missoula, MT




Nice huh?


Today is Thursday 7/23. We are in Missoula, MT. The ride here thru Idaho was really beautiful. There are alot of BIG hills on the way. Because we went thru the Idaho panhandle, it took us only a little more than an hour. There have been so many trees on our trip that it seems there is no end to them. Of course Northern Idaho is mostly all forest as is Washington and Oregon. As we came into Montana, you could see a real difference in the landscape.
So far this is what we see about Montana. The people here are as loyal to their state as Texans are to theirs. It is true, this is big sky country. Lots of rivers and lakes. The landscape is more large rolling hills and mountains. It seems to be alot hotter and dryer. Missoula has the University of Montana and is very liberal. The demographics here is very, very white. I think the internet said it is 98.5% white. Of course we are going into the mid west and that is to be expected.
The RV Park we are at is wonderful. So nice we have decided to stay a week and rest up a bit from the 1 night stands. We have the very best spot in this park, I think so anyway. We are on the very end, and away from other people. For those of you who know me, you know how I love that. We are in the pines with a little flower bed in front of us. Last night they had an ice cream social and some live music. Well, I'm not the social type but I do love music. Beside that David made me go. The guys that did the music were really good. LaGrande Harvey, the guitar player, sang some songs his brother in Nashville had written. One of the songs was Delta Dawn and the other was a song made famous by Kenny Rogers, Ruben James.
He also wrote the Montana state anthem. He has a website if you are interested. The other guy played mandolin and banjo. He is Indian and has been involved in alot of mediations between the tribes and the government. We ended up having a pretty good time.
Today we were supposed to go garnet hunting at a place an hour up the road but I slept in too late so we'll go tomorrow.
David is off exploring right now so I could have some alone time. He is thoughtful that way. Of course when I get alone time I have so many things I want to do that I end up doing nothing. We have decided not to go to Canada. Instead we are going to Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Wyoming, Yellowstone, etc.
We really are happy campers right now.
David and Carol

No comments: